by Jone Guo
Not the roses that fill the shops
Not the bouquets
Dyed red and blue
No. Not the plastic stars and stripes
Held in those vases
I will roam into the wilderness
Into the blooming meadow
Spreading over fields and hills
One black vehicle of a shining spirit
Driving through the city and
A brush dipped with ample black color
Stroking across the canvas
Independence Day，4th of July,
Unfolding like a great book at the middle
Summer's prime begins
Those daisies are in their ultimate blossom
For their white, yellow and reddish brown
After that the ocean, in its deep hue
A flag fluttering
I bend down to collect my first daisy
Where the seas end
Testimonial of the Week
For me, this place is a God-send...I can't say enough good things about this little shop. They have given me back my life. ---Katherine N., San Diego
The reflexology center, in La Mesa spa.
Welcome to Palace Herbal Spa for authentic zen style spa and massage services in Escondido, San Diego County. Escape into a world of total comfort, relaxation, and rejuvenation in a tranquil Japanese atmosphere. Treat yourself to a luxurious experience...you deserve it! Our full service spa will make your stress fade away into a distant memory. Our friendly senior therapists will pamper you, renewing your mind, body, and soul.
Whether you like a quick escape for a relaxation, or an ultimate massage rejuvenation, here is the right place for you: come to experience our world famous Japanese herbal foot reflexology spa, the facial reflexology, the "neck & back" chair massage, or the therapeutic table massage. You have found a hidden treasure of great services plus the best values in San Diego County!
Welcome to visit May's blog and post your thoughts and ideas, and share with us.
Just click on the image!
"When in the company of others, I shall always consider myself as the lowest of all, and from the depth of my heart, hold them dear and supreme."
---- Dalai Lama
Palace Herbal Spa, La Mesa
5500 Grossmont Center Dr., La Mesa, CA 91942
Next to Pier One Imports
How to Get a Massage: Avoid the Wrong, Get the Right
Dear Patron, whether you are having a massage at home, or in a spa, please bear the following in mind to avoid issues or problems that may affect your health:
1. Please avoid light Swedish massage in winter. According to Chinese Medicine, the kidney meridian rules your health through coordination with bones in winter, and massage should be deep and firm. A light touch massage can leak your kidney energy and cause sickness for the next spring.
In springtime, a so called Swedish circulatory massage can often jam your energy when the "therapist" massages towards the heart. Because at this season, the liver rules your body. Liver system likes spreading as a tree, and massage should be going "away from the heart".
2. Do not have massage right after you have a full meal. If you take pills, please wait for at least 3 hours before receiving Chinese massage. Meridian channels in your body see the pills as toxins and a Chinese massage will flush toxins out from your body.
3. Chinese medicine also prohibits two "therapists" massaging one patron at the same time. The so called "four-hands" from two different people can never coordinate well enough, and the flow of life force will be driven to wrong directions, and this will result in extreme discomfort or even sickness.
4. Do not use red or other bright colors to decorate the walls of your massage room. It will alert your sympathetic nerves, raise your blood pressure and it will do harm to your body when receiving massage. Please avoid using red sofas, red sheets or red dress as well. Avoid "red spas".
Red color is also against the spirit of "zen", which means inner meditation and tranquility. In Chinese Fengshui theory, red color means blood and shall not be used in a zen style spa or massage rooms. It is also against western Christian tradition to use red color in day spas or massage establishements.
5. Please do not place any serious religious figures in the spa. Do not use symbols like dragons or warriors in the spa either. Such figures or symbols exert too much energy and it will interrupt the "chi" of tranquility in the spa room. Dragons are for health & good luck in China, they are often used in restaurants or night clubs, but it should not appear in a massage spa. Also, dragon is fire, and spa is water. They are hostile elements to each other.
6. Avoid disturbing TV shows or any other disturbing talking or noise. Keep yourself in a "think-of-nothing state. If you do want to watch something, I recommend those DVDs made for spas. Those natural sound like birds, flowing water, or rain combined with the beauty of gardens or landscape do bring you relaxation.
7. For foot spas, always use a liner to prevent spread of foot disease. If the spa forgets to use the liner, please remind them at once.
8. When receiving massage, keep your talk at minimum, and when the therapist positions your legs or arms, do not give help.
9. It is not recommended to receive more than 2 hours of massage in a single day. People with serious organ problems or nerve problems should not have massage. Consult your physician.
10. Drink plenty of water after massage to help drain the lactic acid and other toxins from your body.
11. After massage, please avoid long drive, or any other strenuous work.
Thanks for reading.
MAY & JONE, Chinese Holistic Health Care Specialist.
We have added our spa music here, you can enjoy at home. The title is "Stone Garden". My blog is live now, you can write to me any time!